thoughts on daily life within our family of SIX....each child in her own phase of childhood....

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Last Days Before the Little Sister Arrives....


Well, the time is upon us. If all looks good on Monday's ultrasound, the littlest sister will be born on Tuesday, August 18. My dad's birthday.

We're down to just two or three more days, and today the whole family went out as sort of a last "table for five" outing. We went to eat at a burger joint that boasts of a huge $20 burger. It's free if you can eat it all. None of us tried.

After the yummy burgers, we played at a local park. Well...mostly everybody else played, and I took pictures from my shady spot on a park bench.




I am so thrilled about the birth of the newest member of our family, but I can't help but feel nostalgic about these last days of our family as we know it now. The last days that my sweet little boy is the baby of our family (though you know that each one of them will always be my baby). The last days that Little Miss Sunshine is one of the younger two. The last days that my oldest is not a teenager, and I suspect the last days that she seems more like a child than a young lady.


The last days that I am pregnant and my little boy can put his head on my belly and "snuggle" up to his little sister and sing to her that way. Oh, and...the last days that "round" will be okay with me as a body type.
I can't wait for us all to meet the little one on Tuesday. I know that she will have us all wrapped around her little finger in the blink of an eye. But I will always treasure these last few days as well....

4 comments:

JM - The Princess said...

Thanks for stopping by from "WATF"! I am so glad to stop by your blog, I love it. Congrats and good luck on the new baby!!

I took my son to the park too for a day of special fun before our second was born - it was a great day!

Amy said...

Oh I totally remember how you feel. I was so weepy the last week before Cooper was born ... nostalgic about our family of five. If I only knew how wonderful "six" is.... happy few days. Keep us posted! Prayers all goes well.

Erica said...

Best of luck!! I know this new little sister is going to be cherished and loved to pieces by her brother and sisters....we really do need to meet up when the dust settles for you all and little miss is in a routine...I can't wait to learn the name. :) Prayers to you all!

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

Love this post! I'm feeling all those same feelings, and I'm thinking of you & hoping all is well. Can't wait for the pictures and news and I want to hear the WHOLE STORY!