thoughts on daily life within our family of SIX....each child in her own phase of childhood....

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What Can We Do?




Since school is almost out, I'm planning our summer activities....library, park, vacation Bible school, a camp or two. However, yesterday, which was technically five days before school is out for the summer, my progeny spent their day asking one question over and over..."When can we watch tv?"

Oh, they're tricky. They actually asked the same thing several different ways. "Can we watch it now?" "Have I earned watching a movie?" "Can we watch this movie?" "There's nothing to do but watch tv", "What else am I supposed to do besides watch tv?" "Why can't we watch it now?" and the big gun...."Pleeeeeaaaaaase?????"

Watching television is the bane of my existence. More on that in another post. However, I did hold out, and we didn't watch that movie that I had promised until right before bed. So what do you think happened today?

I guess it's true what they say. Necessity is the mother of invention.




Totally kid invented.


Totally kid assembled.

They've got their fair share of their daddy's genes.



Not once did they ask that ugly old question.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Love it! I hate TV too. Well, except for a few shows I catch after they are in bed =).

COMGRATULATIONS!! A girl!!!