thoughts on daily life within our family of SIX....each child in her own phase of childhood....

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Six Is....

Six is the number of Cokes that I could drink in 3 days, if I didn't try not to.
It's the number of chairs that came with our kitchen table.
Six is what none of my children were in poundage at birth (not even close!)
Six is....
the number of children's feet that scamper across my kitchen floor,
the number of times that my baby asked if he could have a lolli (on the
way home from the library)
the number of little arms that hug us before bed
Six is the number of boxes of Girl Scout cookies that sit on my kitchen
counter right now.
Six is the number of times I've told my husband that I'm seriously going to start a
diet (in the past six weeks)
Six is the number of years that my lovely girl has been in my arms,
the number of times that I think about her in a five minute period,
the number of kisses that I give her before bed.
It's the number of times that she comes down to ask a question before she's in bed
for the night,
the number of books that she'd like to read before bed,
the number of times that she asks, "What does that word mean?" during one
afternoon.
Six is the number of times that she shares her food with her brother or sister in
the course of two days,
and it's the number of times that she pokes, tickles or teases her brother
during the same time period.
Six is the number of years that I've told her to slow down, don't grow so fast.

But I think that
Six is only the beginning.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl!!! I love the picture :)

Nicole - Life in Progress said...

That was so sweet. She is beautiful.

RosieBoo said...

I love that post..what a cute picture!! Six is a great age.

Katrina said...

Great post! And Happy Birthday to your adorable girl!

Dimple Queen said...

Sweet post! Happy Birthday you little princess!!

Dimple Queen said...

You're welcome for the "shout out"! I like to do that from time to time, especially when I add something to my sidebar.

Hope you had a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I almost didn't want to ruin this - you had exactly *six* comments before my 2 cents! :) I just wanted to send my own birthday wishes to your daughter - how fun! I also wanted to commend you for your self control (because *I* would have scarfed down all six boxes of those cookies by now!).